INBRE-USP Summer Undergraduate Research Program - Visiting Students
Application instructions for visiting students enrolled at institutions located in IDeA Program Western Region States | Summer 2018 | May 23 - August 1 | Bozeman, Montana
The deadline to apply for the 2018 Summer Research Program is February 25th. Please see details below for more information.
Important: The application process described on this page is NOT intended for students enrolled at Montana State University-Bozeman, including MSU nursing students located at one of MSU's three off-campus locations (Missoula, Great Falls, Kalispell). All MSU-Bozeman students interested in Montana INBRE's summer program should visit Click here for application and deadline information.
To be considered for this program you must:
- Be enrolled at an institution in one of the IDeA Network Western Region states (Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming) in spring 2018
- Be enrolled as a sophomore, junior, or senior in good academic standing during summer (> 6 credits) or fall (> 12 credits) in 2018
- Be a US citizen or authorized to work in the United States
Students who want to do significant undergraduate research in the biomedical sciences are encouraged to apply to this program. Students who conduct their research at MSU must work under the guidance of an MSU faculty member. Students selected for funding will be expected to make a presentation (poster or podium) to report their findings.
Possible Areas of Research Include
- Cell Biology and Neuroscience
- Biomedical Engineering (Biological, Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Computational Biology (math, computer science)
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Human Health and Development
- Students receive a stipend of $4600 for the 10-week program
- Travel and accommodations are paid by the student
- Montana INBRE can help arrange dormitory accommodations upon request
Application Process & Required Documents
- Complete application form (see link below)
- Two letters of recommendation: at least one from a current or former professor
- Unofficial or official transcripts
- In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
The application deadline is February 25, 2018. In order to facilitate a timely review process, late applications will not be considered for funding. If you have concerns about meeting a deadline, please contact the Montana INBRE office at the numbers listed below.
If you have questions regarding the undergraduate research program please contact: