Montana INBRE Research Core
A Message from Anne Camper
"Research is at the heart of everything we do. The Montana INBRE Research Core exists to build, grow, and maintain a statewide, interdisciplinary research network.
Our aim is to use this network to address significant health issues facing Montanans -- particularly those living in rural and tribal communities where the greatest disparities in health access and outcomes exist.
We also make thoughtful, targeted investments in opportunities and support for Montana-based researchers, Project Leaders, mentors and students in order to help develop a strong biomedical research culture and strengthen the pipeline from student to workforce."
Montana INBRE Research Core Goals
- Build a statewide, interdisciplinary research network tasked with addressing significant health issues facing Montana’s rural and tribal communities
- Create opportunities for network investigators to develop research focused on infectious diseases, environmental health and health disparities
- Provide MT INBRE Project Leaders with the mentorship and support they need to build long-term project sustainability
- Invest in the career trajectory of Project Leaders and in the pipeline development of the students working directly with them
- Expand research opportunities for students and enhance biomedical curricula to strengthen the pipeline to health-research careers
Additionally, the Research Core is invested in the career trajectory of individual Project Leaders and in the development of the students working with them. MT INBRE aims to expand research opportunities for students and enhance biomedical curricula in order to strengthen the pipeline to careers in health research and increase the scientific and technological knowledge of the state's workforce.